"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, February 15, 2024

ScrapHappy February 2024

 This month's scrappy sewing has been to work with some of the many inches of string strips that I made last month.   I continued working with the blue string strips to make the blocks that I needed for the main part of this quilt. 

The blocks were easy to make, but several of the last few ended up with corners that were a little wonky in spite of my best efforts.   Oh well....it is what it is.  =) 

Still to come is the border.  That will start with using the last 4 of the red/cream HST's that I have.  Still thinking about what else to do.

After getting the blocks finished, I then dealt with the bits and pieces that were cut off when trimming off the corners after doing the final seams.  Ended up with 20 - 2.5" unfinished HST's that will get used in another project and 4 scrappy sections for future postcards.

Don't forget to check out what everyone has done this month - 


Gratitudes:
1. For getting an appointment for an inspection and estimate to get the flooring with asbestos in it remediated.  Hoping for, praying for an estimate & price that is affordable.

2. For friends who keep me grounded and focusing on what needs to be done.

2 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

You know what, any small wonkinesses in that first quilt just reinforce the impression that you're seeing it through a prism. I think it's just lovely!

rutigt said...

Love the blue blocks!