"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, August 15, 2024

ScrapHappy - August 2024

 It's been one of those months for me.   Just when I thought that my eye was recovering well from surgery in July, I found out it wasn't and thus was scheduled for a 2nd surgery.   This second surgery resulted in 5 more days face/side down, a visit to the doc, and then another wk down.....sigh........and what I thought of as no sewing.   But then I started thinking of what I can manage to do with the 15 minutes I'm allowed up each hour.   So thanks to having precut pieces, I've been able to get the six alternate blocks I needed to make the bottom and top borders for a quilt in progress.

Another 15-min period or two and I hopefully will have them added to the quilt.  =)




The final bit of scrap usage is this pillow - It is a piece of foam that I'd bought to make a cushion for my car seat to help my dad.   Made the cushion from part of it, but that didn't work out.   So I rolled it up and taped it together.   Then added the cut-off sleeves from one of the many t-shirts that have been used in customer quilts over the last year to hold everything together.   And this week I realized that this roll is perfect for me to lay on while on my side recovering from the surgery.   It allows me to keep my glasses on so I can still see the phone, the laptop monitor or read my kindle.   Just need to add two more sleeves to finish covering the foam.   Won't be donating it after all. =)





Gratitudes:
1.  For docs that move fast when it comes to saving eyesight and insurance that pays for it.

2. For friends who are there to help as they can thru times like this.

3 comments:

rutigt said...

I do hope your eyes will get better soon. Like the blocks you have made!

cityquilter grace said...

gosh so sorry to hear about the complications....hey necessity is surely the mother of invention and repurposing too

Kate Chiconi said...

Wow, what dedication to sewing amidst all that worry and enforced idleness! Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹