Welcome to Scrap Happy Day where we post about the scrappy projects we've worked on over the past month.
Be sure to check out what everyone else has done with their scraps this month - Kate, Eva, Sue, Lynda, Birthe, Turid, Tracy, Jan, Moira, Sandra, Chris, Alys, Claire, Jean, Dawn, Gwen, Sunny, Kjerstin, SueL, Vera, Ann, Dawn2, Carol, Preeti, Viv, Karrin, Amo, Alissa, Tierney, and Hannah
Multiple scrappy projects were in play this month. First up was using up a surfeit of white and cream tonal strips leftover from prior projects into 'found' fabric. I then ironed Wonder Under onto the backside and cut postcard backings from them for 5" by 7" postcards.
I finished off this quilt top by adding the final 2 borders. Used a small part of the string pieced pinks and a remnant of WOW. Heart blocks were made years ago from string pieced fabrics. In making this top I finally did the stitching around the hearts on 30 blocks. Some of the block backgrounds are also string pieced.
A while back I won a giveaway on Instagram of a new line of fabric. They came in a medium flat rate box and there were lots of strips in widths from 0.75" to approximately 6.5". The wider strips will be trimmed to 6", 4.5", and 3.5" squares.
The teeniest ones have been sewn together to make 4.5" wide strip set. These have been subcut into 4" width pieces. I'm planning on bordering them out to make larger blocks with various WOWs or creams.
2nd smallest width strips (~1.75") have been sewn into strip sets. I'm debating on whether to subcut into 4" or 6" widths. Once cut these will be bordered with various WOWs or creams fabrics to make larger blocks.






No comments:
Post a Comment