"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, September 29, 2014

Swap blocks finished

I finished off the two swap blocks that I was making this month.   One will be swapped (top block), and I'll keep the second one for myself (bottom block).

In doing these two blocks I reminded myself of two things - first I can do hand applique, and nicely if I say so myself....lol.   And the second thing I reminded myself is that when I did the second block I inadvertantly missed one step in the instructions before fusing the machine on and stitching it down............apparently I still insist on doing things my way and marching to the beat of my own drummer.....lol.   Can you see where the difference in the blocks is?  

I'm really looking forward to the next block which can be seen here -
http://dodmystery.blogspot.com/2014/09/october-mystery-revealed.html.




Gratitudes:
1- Good friends and coworkers who put up with me even when I'm coughing like a mad woman with this bronchitis.

2 - I'm feeling a little better even tho coughing more at the present time.

3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

No fun having bronchitis, working and needing to finish swap blocks...geez, lady, how do you do it??? Give me one of these things to do and the other two will not be happening!!! You go girl!!! I see a couple of small differences in the sewing machine blocks, but nothing that screams "OOPS"! They are just individuals :)

Key Elements said...

Your blocks are cute and No I can not see the difference.... no quilt police here. This is the first time I needle turned applique too.... not too bad for a beginner. Have fun with it.
Hugs!

Key Elements said...

Mora,
I got your block yesterday. It is beautiful. I am very happy to be in this swap and working on the rotary cutters. Take care and Thank you!
Julie