"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mystery Quilt Step 6 Reveal and Viewer Linkup

For those that are still working on the mystery quilt, how are you doing so far?  I hope you've enjoyed this non-traditional mystery quilt.   I'd love to hear what you think of it as you've been working on it.   And  I've included a linkup at the bottom of this post and would love to see pics of your quilt.   Please consider posting to the linkup at the bottom of the page so that everyone can see what you've been doing.


The two things to be added in this step were 5 stars, and a rectangle across two blocks.   I played with the instructions for my quilt and ended up actually adding a total of 8 stars.   But I didn't want just random stars floating around on the top.  So I cut stars in multiple sizes and fabrics, and then added circles out of a yellow & gold plaid fabric.   Then made flowers from them by layering stars and circles.    All of it was fused down and then button-hole stitched.

I took more 'liberties' with my rectangle as well and didn't stick with the traditional rectangle shape - two pairs of equal sides with 90 degree angles.   Yes that is the engineer/math side of me coming out.....lol.  

Instead I made my 'rectangle' a trapezoid......both are quadrilateral figures....and for me that was good.  I then added a circle at the bottom of the figure and made an exclamation point to finish off my saying.   =)  

I have plans for a pieced border that I'll be posting in steps starting next weekend if you want to follow me as I do that.  


To link up for this mystery, add your link by clicking below:







4 comments:

dq said...

Moira, it is so darn cute and fun and modern!

Anonymous said...

I do love this one, even more than the original. I have to add some stuff before I can link up, and I don't know if this is the week that will get done. Company is coming for Easter, and I have to do some house cleaning to make enough room for clearing off the table so we can all eat!

Anonymous said...

Your top has turned out to be quite bright and fun--it will be loved.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great quilt!!!