Used a few of my scraps today as I made a couple of blocks that will evenutally end up in American Hero quilts. The scraps I worked with today came out of the pile of scraps in the wire basket on my cutting table and what was in front of it. Those are all from quilts that I'd been working on before I moved. Haven't found the bins of scraps yet so I haven't been able to put them up where they should be.
the first block I made was this one. I saw the block that was my inspiration for it on someone's blog but can't remember whose blog it was. oops....
The striped fabric was leftover from embellishing a couple of kitchen towels. Still have a bit of it left so it will be seen again. The blue and red were also out of the scrap basket, but have been used in multiple projects/blocks. The WOW used for the background was one I picked up on wmy rob-by-row hopping this summer. Which is good 'cause I haven't found those fabrics yet....sigh....
With the scraps of the striped fabric I made this little 2" by 6' finished strip of flying geese. There will be at least one very scrappy sampler quilt made for American Heroes this year using these blocks and some of the F2F blocks that are being made for me, and probably 2 of them.
How will it (or they) turn out? Who knows....I have a bunch more PP patterns to use up before I will have finally finished all of them from the pattern.
Years ago I had bought a PP'ing pattern made by McCalls (well actually several of them, but this is the only one I've actually used). The quilt that is normally on my bed is from this pattern, and there were a bunch of extra pattern sections leftover. Have never been able to get rid of them, so the plan is to slowly get them made up and into quilts.
1. Good friends moved the boxes I needed moved out to my storage room and wrangled the washer and dryer into it as well.
2. That I know all is in God's control even when the issues with the edema seem out of control to me and is draining and frustrating to me.