"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, January 24, 2014

Finished Postcards and new fabric

Finished the green scrappy postcards this morning.   Nice to have a few minutes in the morning to sew before heading to school (2-hr delay for school today.   The big one is 5" by 7" and is going to be going into the mail this evening and on it's way to a friend who is going through hard times at this point.   I'm not quite sure who the others are going to, but have possibilities for a couple of them and maybe the third.   =)



The fabric pictured to the shows a shot of the cute FQ's that I found at Joann's this past weekend.    The dresses that the girls are wearing are all military inspired and I love the old-fashioned look to them.   I plan to use the fabric as a focus fabric in a quilt for American Heroes. 

Gratitudes -

1. A warm house, warm clothes, a car with a good heater and a job that keeps me inside (albeit in a room that can be chilly) instead of having to work outside in the bitter arctic cold temps we are having here at the moment.

2. For good friends who are always there to encourage me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your postcards! Those flowers add another dimension, of course, and look great. That is the cutest fabric ever for AmHero! Look forward to seeing what you make with it.