"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Dreaming Big, Part 2

More progress has been made on the challenge quilt.

3-dimensional boulders have been made and stitched down to the riverbed. Quilting has been started in the green background.  I'm using the fabric as a guide and doing a free-form fern all across the fabric.  Lots more to go on the quilting though, altho I don't plan on quilting every inch of it.
















I've also been writing lots of words and ideas on the riverbed.   These represent what there isn't time or money for when buried under debt.   Things that often get sacrificed by individuals and families as they try to survive the rapids and shoals of overwhelming debt and all that it brings.   Things like family, friends, joy, happiness, health, education, reliable transportation, housing, hobbies, travel, hope, and so on.


Have a couple of ideas percolating in my head for a canoe.  Time will tell if I'm able to make it all come to life.

Gratitudes:

1. The heater works!

2. Thankful to be out of the worst of the "white water" in paying off my debts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly why the prophets tell us to stay out of debt. In your case, it wasn't an option if you wanted that education and to survive. But you're working your way out! The challenge piece looks challenging. LOL I'd love to see it up close, hope to when I get to visit you.