"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Scrap-Happy May

This has been one of those months when I haven't done a lot of quilting because of commissioned projects that took precedence over everything else.    first up was using the backs and sleeves of some t-shirts to make t-shirt yarn.   this yarn has been / and is being used in making medical masks.

Lots of fabric remnants have also been going into the many masks that I've been making.








I did manage to finish making triangles using the scraps of Fairy Frost fabrics to make the blocks.  These used up the remaining blue and purple scraps that I had.

 I've also started sewing the setting triangles to the pieced triangles.  These blocks square up to 4" unfinished.  More of the same fabric I've been using in the pieced triangles is what I'm using for the setting triangles.











Take a look at what everyone else has done this month -

Kate Gun, TittiHelĂ©neEvaSue, Lynn, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, Jill, Claire, Jan,
Moira (Me!), SandraLindaChrisNancyAlysKerryClaireJean,
Joanne, Jon, HayleyDawnGwen, Connie, Bekki, Pauline,
Sue L, Sunny and Kjerstin


Gratitudes:
1.  Being current in paychecks for the first time in over 6 months

2. For the commissioned work that has enabled me to pay off 3 bills this month

5 comments:

tialys said...

Ooh, how are you using the t-shirt yarn in the masks? Are you using it for the ties?

Kate Chiconi said...

Love those triangles, it's like terrazzo tiles!

juselig@cox.net said...

I think a lot of us have felt out of sorts with so much time on our hands, stuck at home. It can be hard to be positive and productive. That said; I really like the re-worked quilt blocks. This has given me inspiration to go digging in my bin and see what I can create! :)

Susan said...

I didn't even post this time. I have done so much of nothing. =P You at least did something, and kept up with commissions and worked full time. I have no excuses. =)

K Reeves said...

I really like those blue scrappy blocks, and such good news about being current on your pay checks. PTL!