"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, August 14, 2020

ScrapHappy August 2020

welcome to ScrapHappy for August!.

I've been working on two different scrappy projects this month.   

First up is this block which will be an F2F block for September.   I'm pleased with how my fussy cutting and pp'ing of the striped fabric worked out.   

And seeing how well this worked, makes me want to use one of the stripes in my stash to make a full quilt using this block.

Second scrappy project is this UFO.   I pieced it at least 5 years ago using a cross-stitch piece made 7-10 years before that.     The fabrics used in it were all scraps from my CQ stash.   added the embroidered vine and flowers at the bottom and side of the cross-stitch and then put it up for several, maybe 5 yrs, and ignored it.  

the thought behind the colors used were meant to give an impression of bushes and greenery that the kitten is peeking out of. 

I added the tree this week using a couple of different hand-dyed ribbons and thread from my CQ stash.

Next up will be adding a wisteria branches with the trailing leaves and flowers.

And I finished up my Quilter's Trek quilt for this year as well.   All but three of the blocks in the front of the quilt were from scraps.   The other blocks were made from kits that I had purchased.

Check out what everyone else has done this month:
KateGun, TittiHeléneEvaSue, Lynn, Lynda, 

Gratitudes:
1. For friends and their encouragement

2, For another year on this earth



4 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Love that block with the black & white stripe! Is that for Edith? It's perfect for her colour choices :-)

Susan said...

Everything looks wonderful! I really like the way the tree turned out, and seeing the quilt held that way gives a much better appreciation for what you've done.

onesmallstitch said...

wow, really impressed with your stripes and the kitty and stitching is adorable.

Dawn Gill said...

It must have been incredibly hard to get all those stripes aligned so perfectly. It works incredibly well, as does your embroidery. Thanks for sharing.