"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Scrap-happy January 2021

 Lots of scrappy goodness happening around my place this month since I returned from vacation in Arizona.  First up was finding these postcards which I'd started a couple of years ago as I was putting away other goodies.   These still need to be completed and that I'll show in a future month.



Next up with deciding to pair some of the 70 or so UFO string blocks that I'd made from batiks and Moda Marble fabrics back in 2009 with a sun-painted batik panel that I'd been given by a friend quite a few years ago.  (Yup, those blocks have been moved cross country many times since then.)     Top finished about 42" by 54" in size so it will be good for a toddler quilt.

And because I didn't want to put the remaining string blocks away, I put together this quilt top.  Size is approximately 50" by 54", and I'm still debating whether to add top and bottom borders to the quilt.   The background is from scraps and a remnant.


Check out what everyone else has been doing this month:


Gratitudes:
1. First unemployment payment should come thru this week.

2. For praying friends


4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

pretties all around moira!

Susan said...

Wonderful scrappiness! Love those postcards. Both quilt tops are outstanding.

Claire Alexander said...

If you want more length, I’d add white only at bottom; I like the top being the top of the strip pieces. I really like this use of the last strips!

Textile Ranger said...

An impressive lot for ScrapHappy Day! I especially love the last quilt of batik scraps!