"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Scrap-Happy February 2021

 In early February I had to travel to Phoenix because of my mother's health, and ultimate passing on the 5th.   Travel yet to come to Tennessee for her burial and then ultimately returning home the end of the month.   Had sorta planned ahead when packing quickly and put my machine and supplies into the car with me in case I had a few minutes to sew for sanity with all that is going on and all I have to do while here.

Did have time to get this scrappy top together.   All of the blocks are from scraps, border was a bolt-end from the stash, bought several yrs ago while I was going to grad school in Indiana.  The finished quilt will be bound in the same fabric as the setting triangles.

it's approximately 40" by 60" in size.

Close up of one corner of the quilt - 


Click on the links below to see what everyone else has done this month.

Kate (me!)Gun, EvaSue, Lynn, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, Jill,
Claire, JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
KerryClaireJeanJon, HayleyDawn,
Gwen, Bekki, Sue L, Sunny, Kjerstin,
Vera, NanetteAnn, Dawn 2 and Noreen


Gratitudes:

1. My mother's home-going was peaceful and pain free.

2. For God's provision and timing through out this trip.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Wow that seems like a long time ago - Indiana. The top looks wonderful. All the colors scattered around so nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing you Tuesday for a little bit. I know there are a lot of family things going on.

K Reeves said...

I am so sorry for your loss, losing ones mom, even when expected is always hard. Sending prayers your way for comfort and provision during this difficult time.I’m glad you were able to be with her and had some. Sewing distraction too.

Claire Alexander said...

I’m impressed with the presence of mind to think of packing machine and fabric. Great result.

Kate Chiconi said...

It's fabulous! The colours are really harmonious and some lucky person is going to love it!

tialys said...

Many condolences on your mother's passing Moira but I was glad to read that it was peaceful.
Your quilt looks lovely, the layout is very effective.

onesmallstitch said...

So sorry for your loss, losing your Mom is difficult enough without the extra difficulties of these times. Can't believe that you managed to do such detailed, beautiful work at such a time. well done.

Jollygirl said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a blessing that your mom's passing was pain free.