"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, October 14, 2022

Scrap-Happy October 2022

 Returning to work at the contract job I've been working for 4 wks now, while a good thing for the checkbook and budget, sure did cut back into my sewing time.   No finished projects this month, but I did get some blocks made.

Happened to see a tutorial on Instagram about how to easily piece a circle with in a block.   Yes, I said piece, and yes, that is something I once upon a time said I'd never do.  

Well I had to try the technique and while a little time-consuming, it was easy and worked great.   

If you want to check it out, here is the link to the video -
Pieced Circle Tutorial
Got 7 more of the prairie point blocks made (bottom 7 in the picture).   

I'm currently pondering either a 5 by 7 layout or a 6 by 8 layout for a finished large lap quilt.   To do those I'll either need 18 or 23 more blocks to get it up to size.    I'm leaning towards the  6 by 8 layout.

Gratitudes:

1. For being offered (and accepting!) a new, permanent job here in the Phx area.

2. For all of the support and prayers that I've been gifted over the last 3+ years from friends and family as I worked through not being paid for work and unemployment.


5 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Love your scrappy blocks – I'm interested in that pieced circle, but the tutorial link seems to be missing...

Elle said...

CONGRATS on the job Moira. May your stress level drop significantly as you're able to take some deep breathes of gratitude :-)

K Reeves said...

Moira, What exciting news you have shared about the new job! Bless God!

rutigt said...

Thank you for the link! Your Prairie Point blocks are looking great!

cityquilter grace said...

moira you have been on my prayer list for a job and now you have one! wonderful indeed! you will find time to sew inbetween i am sure...so very thankful for this answer....