"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, May 8, 2023

Inspiration, Where do you find it?

 When you think about making a quilt, where do you find your inspiration?   

Occasionally that comes from what others are doing, which is how the circle blocks started.  When this happens it's likely to be the block that catches my attention, not the actual quilt / quilt layout.   

This image was one that was used for a time as the sign on image for the product that my team at work is developing.  It has been calling my name since the interface designer first showed it as part of the screen mockups'  With the way I've been making circle blocks there might actually be a possibility of me making it come to life in a quilt.

Will it come to life at some point, who knows.  Still it's very tempting to try stretching myself to make it.

Architecture has always been interesting to me.  Several buildings along my commute to the office to/from the office over at ASU in Tempe have piqued my interest.   

The side of this building is calling out for a paper-pieced block to be drawn up for a scrappy quilt.  Took me driving home by it 3 times to be able to get this picture.
3D look to the wall done with shading and materials.
Simple but striking look.
Interesting windows on this building.
Loved the interplay of triangles and shading on this building.  Lots of intriguing possibilities for a 3D look.

The built-in sun screening for this building intrigued me with block possibilities.
Shadow play along the top edge of this freeway overpass was very interesting.


Gratitudes:

1. For finally finding where I'd stuck the fabric for a set of bowl cozies needed for a wedding present.

2. For time spent with good friends.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I do like some of those inspirations, and that first possible quilt is a great design.