"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Rose Pink Blog Hop - My Day

Welcome to my day on the Rose Pink blog hop.   This blog hop was to have one or more of the following things featured in our post - Rose/ Pink fabric, Eyeglasses, Roses, and / or Positive Words.    My project for this hop was started many years ago, and two of the 4 characteristics for the hop - pink fabric and positive words.    

This was the quilt that I chose to finish for the blog hop.   The quilt top is the result of a block hop that I was in maybe 8-10 years ago.  I participated in it with 4 quilt friends from an online quilt list that I'm a part of.   When it came time to make a starting block I decided to use a cross-stitch piece I had stitched way back when in 1990 and used it as my starting point for pulling fabrics that I sent for others to use if they wanted to use them.   

The top was put together not long after I got the blocks and then it sat in my UFO tote.   When I pulled it out, I decided that I didn't like how I had done the borders.   So the first thing I did was to take the three borders off, and then put what had been the second border back onto the quilt.



Close-up of the cross-stitch piece.   Definitely was my oldest UFO.   I'm glad to have it finally totally finished.


One of the blocks added by a friend.
Final finished quilt.   The blocks that were made by my friends include the following:
* The paper-pieced star in the top right, the star used as a label were made by Jane.
* Susan W made the checkerboard strips ad the trip around the world block
* Sue W made the wise men gifts and the embroidered verse block
* Linda L made the celtic know strip, the quarter-square and half-square triangle strips.  
I added the remainder of the blocks.  The border used the final scraps of the fabrics I had sent out for the original swap.
Final block from one of the gals was used as the label for the quilt.   Binding fabric and backing were both from my stash


Gratitudes:
1. I'm thankful that while most of my commissions at this point are handwork (cross-stitch and repair work on quilts), that I've had time to work on some of my own projects.

2. For the time that I spend in helping my dad.




17 comments:

Danice G said...

Wow, the cross stitch from 1990 is very pretty. Your completed quilt looks wonderful.

Linda said...

I love this quilt! It's not only gorgeous but also thoughtful and meaningful. I like your color choices and the partially scrappy border - not sure if what that is called but it is so pretty.
Your header Bible verse is my favorite. :)

Calicojoan said...

What a beautiful treasure you and your hop friends collectively created! It not only holds memories, but such an uplifting message!

tink's mom said...

What a beautiful and uplifting quilt made with friends, what could be more "positive". Congratulations on the finish.

Podunk Pretties said...

Beautiful quilt!

Carol Swift said...

I love this quilt! It is definitely full of rosiness and positive thoughts. I'm glad you drug it out of the UFO pile to finish it. It really is a treasure! Thank you for sharing!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful finish Moira!

Charlene McCain said...

Such a beautiful quilt! Your cross stitch block is lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Quilting Gail said...

What a beautiful inspirational quilt!!!
I'm in LOVE!!!
Your cross stitch block is fantastic! All of the blocks are!
Thanks for sharing!

quilting gail

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a lovely finish!

Sharon said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love all the extra little touches in this quilt and sewing with a friend adds to the beauty of it.

Susan said...

It's a great finish! I love your gratitudes. Thanks for sharing this.

cityquilter grace said...

oh moira love that beautiful quilt and the cross stitch is superb! i drooled over that pattern many times but never took the plunge...you did it justice and it's lovely as the focal point of the quilt

Karen's Korner said...

A beautiful finish.

Leah said...

Beautiful project full of uplifting thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

Beth Strand said...

Beautiful!