"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, May 15, 2023

ScrapHappy - May 2023

Not a lot going on this month, but did get more postcards were made this year in between projects for blog hops, both past and present.


The cross-stitch pieces came from three finished pieces I found at the second hand store.  Fabrics in these were all out of either my scraps or my string box.
Backings for the postcards (multiple of the yellow) were both scraps.  Yellow was a larger piece leftover from a FQ I'd cut into at some point.




















Got this postcard started with a piece of scrappy patchwork that I'd been given at some point by a quilting friend.  Want to add some words to it, but still thinking about what to say.

These two little pincushions were made with scrap fabric and little candleholders that I'd picked up a couple of years ago in various second-hand stores.  They will end up being used as gifts at some point.

Don't forget to check out what everyone else has been doing with their scraps this month.


Gratitudes:
1. For working a job where I once again have insurance and paid vacation.

2. For being able to travel to visit friends in the Dallas area.




5 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

My personal favourite is the blue postcard with the white flower/pompom 😊

Susan said...

That yellow flower made me think of the old song, "Sunshine, Lollipops and Roses" ... or was it Rainbows? Anyway, why not write that? The turquoise one in the first grouping looks like one of my headbands. LOL I get so many comments on them, and I love wearing them, especially now that the fuzzy hair is turning longer and curlier.

Magpie Sue said...

Lovely little projects!

Karrin Hurd said...

Cute postcards and pincushions!

rutigt said...

You really make beautiful postcards!