"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 15, 2024

ScrapHappy - April 2024

Welcome to ScrapHappy day where everyone posts what they've done with scraps over the previous month.    Be sure to check out what everyone has posted about this month.



My first project is this toddler quilt top.  The center fabric was a remnant that I got as part of a bag of scraps that I bought somewhere about 18 months ago.   Fabric is from the Search and See line from In The Beginning Fabrics back in 2016.   After trimming the sides even, I was left with a 26 by 42 inch center piece.    

After letting it marinate for a while until it spoke to me, I finally decided that it would be a good one to leave in one piece and then just add borders until it got to a good size.  I added a 1/2" border from a WOW remnant that I had leftover from another project.   2nd border is made from the medium & light blues and turquoise string strips I made a couple of months ago.  Outer border is made from the remaining bit of the WOW used for the first border.   


After pulling out a 6" tall stack of novelty print squares earlier this week to send an online friend, I decided to use up the last strips of the novelty fabrics instead of putting them back into the tote they'd been in for years.   Cut all the scraps down to 4 1/2" by 9 1/2" and cut 1.5" sashing from an end of the bolt piece in my stash, there are teeny-tiny, multicolor stars on the black to add to the fun..  Just the sashing on the sides to go before adding a final border.   Will dig out something in the stash for a border, but don't know what yet.


Don't forget to check out what everyone else has done this month!


Gratitudes: 
1. Getting closer to being able to get the needed work on the house done.

2. For meds to help me breathe better..........even if I'm still struggling to breathe like I should consistently



2 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

As always, great use of scraps. I'm loving that 'stained glass' effect you're giving us with the second one.

rutigt said...

The toddler quilt top is looking great!