"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Mystery Quilt Fabric Clarification

I had someone ask me by what I meant by "dark neutral" and "Med-Light neutral" fabrics.

The picture to the right shows the basic range of fabrics that I've chosen.   The chevron fabric at the bottom right is focus fabric and is what i used to pull all of the other colors from.

The two fabrics that I'm using as my 'neutrals' are shown in the picture below.   The green is my "Dark Neutral" and the pink is my "Medium Neutral".  

In this quilt, your neutrals can be any colors that you want them to be.   You do not have to limit yourself to something in the cream - brown range unless that is what you really want to use.  Feel free to think outside of the box in terms of color!

In addition, if you don't want to use small scale prints like I am using, feel free to use large scale prints in the mystery.   I wouldn't use extra-large prints, but medium to large prints should work.

And if you want to use a print for the background instead of something like a white-on-white, that could also lend itself to an interesting quilt!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a free for all! LOL I think I will leave out the pink. ;)

Not1knowsme said...

No one would recognize it as a quilt I made it if didn't have some shade of purple in it, somewhere. I'm going to do my best to make 2, since this seems so easy: 1 for me and 1 for charity.

Ila in Maine