"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Progress with scraps and in other areas

Finished using up the remaining small pieces of novelty prints in a second scrappy top.     Finished quilt ended up at 36" by 60", just a few inches shy of the 40" width I was aiming for.  But it is what it is.   This will be heading off to Sunshine Quilts at some point.

All of the fabrics in the quilt are from my scraps - the novelty prints are the remainder of the ones I had started to use in this quilt.   The blacks were all leftover fabrics from the many commissioned scrub tops that I've done over the last few years.   The purple w/black cats was what I had left from making a scrub top.

And in other news, this last week I was able to pay off the next bill thanks to getting my Federal tax return back.  And even better, it was paid off 2 months before the promo 0% interest rate ran out - woohoo.   Now onto the next bill to get it paid down and off.  Ond more flower has now be colored in and finished.   Looking forward to the next one getting colored in.

Made a trip around the state for errands and for doc appts this weekend......more trips coming up as I will be back in Casper for chemo as we try to get my platelets under control and stable.   At lesat tho there is a really nice quilt store there should I need anymore fabric.  =)

Gratitudes:
1. That there are still things that can be tried to get the platelets stable

2. That I have the stash I do - it's so much fun to work with the scraps and see something fun come out of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do like that top, too. That was a lot of purple left over! Two good gratitudes. Your stash is seeing you through a lot of things. I'm grateful for mine, too. I wouldn't be quilting right now if I didn't have a stash - even if a lot of it was donated to AHQ. I'm glad to be able to make things for a good cause and still satisfy my creative needs.