"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, September 6, 2019

Labor Day Weekend Wrap-up

Lots of sewing was going on on Sunday and Monday of the long weekend.

6  kitty themed postcards were made so a friend could choose the one she liked best (she'd commissioned one from me). 

Scraps were used for all the fabrics.  Assorted trims and silk flowers were from my stash.
The card on the right is the one my friend chose.
Two pillows were made from the legs of a pair of fleece pants.  (commissioned)
And Progress has been made on the commissioned t-shirt quilt.  All full size blocks (15" square, 20 of them) have been prepped and cut to size.
These two piles are what still need to be prepped - 12 half blocks, and 14 quarter blocks, or 8 quarter and 4 half blocks - depends on motif sizes.

Gratitudes:

1. For the commissions and alterations that continue to come in.

2. For having a stash of completed items that I can pull from when someone wants to buy something.

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a lot of good things you accomplished while I was gone! I like the one you friend picked, but I also like the others. I might have picked the other one in that picture, or the blue one, maybe, but it would be a hard choice. Are the others going to the shop of the lady in your church?