"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Labor Day Weekend -- Saturday

The long Labor Day holiday weekend is here and with it comes extra time for me to sew.   Not having money to run around and do things helps with that as well....lol......

At any rate on the first day of my sewing weekend I was able to finish the following up -

 The commissioned wedding dress pillow is complete.   It is cut and sewn square, (well as square as I could get it at any rate), so I'm not sure why that top right corner sits lower than the left.

This was made with the bodice used as is, just seamed across top and bottom.
 Back of the pillow with the dress zipper left in to be able to open/close the pillow.

The skirt and lace from the sleeves will be used to make ring bearer pillows.
More postcards were made - 5 birthday cards, 3 for the fall, a patriotic one, a winter one, and one in honor of my friends who like flamingos.


Three assorted cards here, I think my fav of this assortment is the one with the flamingo charm used on it.




















Still trying to figure out what color thread to use for the balloon strings.   Final color used was a light grey which looks ok when holding the card, but doesn't photograph well.




the striped back is on the patriotic one, quilt labels were used for the backs of all the other cards.


Gratitudes:

1. More than 6 hrs of wonderful rain yesterday and lovely cool temps to go with it.

2. For the one paycheck that we got this week which means I can pay my bills the first part of the month without a problem.

No comments: