"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Quilted Postcard Tips

I use a lot of silk flowers and leaves as embellishments in my quilted postcards.   These don't ravel and they come in a wide range of styles and colors, thereby adding a lot of interest to the postcards. (Note: if you use them, then you'll need to mail the postcards in an envelope so that the machinery the PO uses to sort mail does not cause damage to your card.)

When you look at them in the store, you'll see that there is a plastic structure that is fused on them.  This is easy to peel off, and removing it makes the leaf or flower much easier to work with.











Once you pull off the plastic structure, then this is what the item will look like.
















It's always a question of what do you want to put on the back of the postcard where you'll write a message and/or the address of the person it is for.

In my stash I have a lot of the pre-printed quilt label panels that I haven't been using for quilts.  I have found though that a lot of them are the perfect size to be used for the back of the postcards.




Normally I've been using just stripped fabric for the backs, but I like the effect with the quilt labels.




Gratitudes:

1. Working from home means I don't have to fight traffic on the way to work (it can get pretty ugly here).

2. Long holiday weekend coming up....woohoo, extra time to sew and make progress on commissions.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yay for holiday weekends! I hope you have lots of time to sew. I'm not going to be home on Monday - but I don't have to drive, either. Monica does! Ha, ha!