"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, August 18, 2019

UFO Weekend Progress

This weekend was UFO weekend for a group that I'm in where all that want to or can participate work on moving UFO projects along towards completion.

This time I worked on one of the campfire quilts that I'm finishing up from some UFO tops that have been in my stash for what seems like forever.

Quilting is now complete (just did stitch-in-the-ditch) and it is ready for binding.

First thing completed this weekend was this teddy bear made from a men's size M shirt.  This was made as a sample for 12 memory bears commission coming sometime this fall.












And once the bear was finished I took the front plackets from the shirt and made this pincushion.   It is 4" square and the back is a piece of the plaid shirt. 



Gratitudes:

1. Summer may still be here, but the eczema that I've been fighting has cleared up.

2. The flat tire that I found this morning (yes a flat new tire!) was found at home and didn't happen on the interstate.

4 comments:

Elle said...

DH had eczema for years. He tracked it to Aspertame (in his yogurt and 1 diet soda/day). Something to assess in your diet?

Moira said...

I'm working on doing that now. I do know that artifical/alternative sweeteners aren't the problem because I don't use them.

Susan said...

Good progress for UFO weekend! A cheery quilt, too.

K Reeves said...

Another UFO bites the dust! I love the bear, he is just wonderful!