"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, September 9, 2019

Weekend Progress

Had a busy but fruitful weekend as I worked on a multitude of projects this past weekend.

First up was finishing up some commissioned alterations - repaired a t-shirt, hemmed a pair of jeans and shortened a pair of curtain panels.  And then delivered them back to my friends at church on Sunday.

Next up was sewing the first memory bear together.   It's now ready for stuffing.















Then I finished up the tote bag sample.  This is the back, with two lined pockets.
 Front of bag with a button / loop closure if the user wants to close the top of the tote.
















Inside of the tote - Lined in a zebra print cotton, and another two pockets inside to match the ones on the outside. 


Specs of the tote:

Focus print - Zebra print outdoor fabric by Waverly
Lining - Zebra stripe cotton print
Handles - Cotton belting
Pockets - Black Kona cotton
Pellon interfacing (the 99 cent stuff) was used to give a little more body to the lining fabric











And I got all of the t-shirts and sashing cut for the commissioned quilt.   There are three sizes of blocks - 15" square, 8" tall by 15" wide, and 8" square.  The 8" will be sewn together in 4 patches to make a 15" square.   Sewing these together will start this coming week.

Gratitudes:

1. For all of the blessings in my life that are sometimes hard to see because of the difficulties

2. For the knowledge that cooler weather is coming at some point.






2 comments:

Susan said...

Cooler weather - ha! Every time I turn around the forecast puts more 90+ days in! LOL I have hope, but that's about it. Remind me when I complain about it being a high of 40. =) The bag is great! That's your sample to see how much work and fabric? I hope she's really going to do this.

Farm Quilter said...

You are making great progress!! I'm sorry you are still having problems. One wonders what lesson you are to learn from this...whatever it is, learn it fast!! Praying for you.