"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Commission Progress - T-Shirt Quilt

Lots of progress has been made on this critter over the last two weeks.

It is now completely quilted and all 7 rows of the top are sewn together.  I ended up doing a modified "quilt-as-you-go" where I worked with 2-3 rows at a time as I quilted them.

Still to finish on the quilt -
-- Trim the batting and backing fabric to cleanly finish the two joining seams on the back of the quilt.
-- Add the side borders of black Kona
-- Bind and add quilt label
-- Deliver finished quilt.  =)
-- "Collect" my payment from where it was stashed when I was paid before starting the project.

I'm thinking with the success of this one, I may actually start my t-shirt quilt and do it as a quilt as I go.   And may use each block as a chance to practice different filler patterns on my little Kenmore since it is getting easier to do simple free motion work on it these days.

Gratitudes:
1. For the two paychecks that I got last week which will cover all of Oct's bills.

2. For "only" being 3 checks behind at this point.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Moving that one right out the door soon. =)