"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, October 7, 2019

Weekend Tally, October 7th

Lots of work done over the past weekend.....

The next two memory bears were completed.  The eyes may end up being redone on the blue one since they ended up higher than on the others.   Both of these  were from shirts that had long-sleeves, so had extra buttons from the cuffs.  These buttons were sewn on the bears.





















This custom ordered postcard was finished and delivered on Sunday.
A series of 5 postcards were started.  The bottom on each one was from a strip of chicken scratch embroidery that was in a bag of fabric that had been given to me.  The words are from a piece of fabric bought to use in postcards, and the top bands are from a leftover piece of binding.

And on this commissioned quilt I got the backing seams trimmed and sewn down, the remaining three borders sewn on, and the binding on.

I've currently got 1 side of binding sewn down with three more + the label to go.  Planning on delivering it this week.

Not seen - I critter sat all weekend at the house which was fun, but i'm glad to be back to no critters at the present.


Gratitudes:
1. For the cold front that is going thru the area today, the cooler temps are wonderful.

2. For the bargains I found last year at Christmas that will be going into Christmas postcards this year.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wonderful button-tummy bears! I like his eyes back more, personally. It gives him a different personality.

You were busy on postcards. bears and a quilt ... oh my! =)

e said...

Love the bears and great use of buttons.