"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Commissions in Progress

Work on the current commissioned orders has been progressing.

These potholders have been completed and as of yesterday are in the mail to my friend.


The blocks for the basketball quilt have been started.  Remaining ones still needed are in progress and should be done shortly.
Two more memory bears are in process (1 ready for stuffing, the 2nd in the sewing process).   I hope to get a 3rd one done this week as well.


And from the plackets from the shirts as they are made, this pillow made from the woven plackets is now in progress.

Planned for this week -
1. to totally finish 3 memory bears
2. to complete the pieced blocks (21 blocks) for the basketball quilt and sew the rows together.


Gratitudes:

1. For allergy meds that help open my sinuses so I can breathe while in the office.

2. For not having to fight the traffic snarls caused by the storm damage on the way to work this morning.

1 comment:

Susan said...

No traffic snarls is truly a huge blessing! Yay on the start of the bb quilt! And more yay on the potholders being in the mail. I really like the way it looks like a pie top. Does that make half the bears yet, when you finish these three? More than half?

Are the pockets going to be sewn in the large blank corner space? That will be cute, I'm sure. I like those pillows, and I've not cut button plackets off most of the shirts I have, so I may have to do that and make one myself. Such a great idea, Moira! I would share if you needed more plackets, but I have a feeling mine wouldn't fit with his. If you do, though, let me know, and I'll send you pictures to see if any would help. I know, they wouldn't be his, but maybe mixed in to stretch it out? Or you may not need more than you can make. Whatever, you just tell me. =)