"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Stitching the Whales

Working on the satin-stitching on the whale quilt.  The anchor is done, and I've now progressed to the whales. 

The whales are easy.....just two different shades of blue thread now that I've picked up the ones needed.

Their eyes will have a ring of white around the outside and then a teeny white button to give depth to them.



The water drops though at the top are making me think twice about what to do with them.  I've stitched around the first set of them with a narrow satin-stitch, but I'm not totally happy with the look.  I'm thinking about going back and stitching them in solid so all you see is the satin-stitching and no fabric on them. 

Once I get to the quilting, I plan to quilt wavy lines in between the rosettes on the fabric.

Gratitudes:

1. For the enjoyment that I get in making stuff for others
2. Winter is coming!

No comments: