"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Wee Finish

A few weeks go I went on what was billed as a Mug Rug Hop by the four quilt shops that were putting it on.   For those that went on it they got everything needed to make a mug rug (well at least the top part).  Three of them were kits to make a pieced/appliqued mug rug.   One of them was just a "postcard" cut from yardage. 

I've started getting these made so that I can use them as gifts when I'm in Phx next month.  Here is the first one that has been finished.  Finished size is approximately 6" by 9".

Binding and backing were both out of my scraps.

Gratitudes:

1.  The dryer that had been in the townhouse when I rented it did not short out and cause a fire over the last year when used.

2.  The person helping me get the dryer out of the house did not get zapped and hurt when it sparked as he went to unplug it.



2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Cute mug rugs! Wow, blessings indeed with the dryer!! That's why at home I love using my clothes line...dryers can be scary!

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute one! Someone will be happy with it. Hostess gift? =) So did they supply a new dryer, or are you using your own? I can't remember if you sold yours or not. Those are two good blessings!