"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, November 27, 2017

Holiday Weekend Progress

Lots of sewing went on over the Thanksgiving weekend.   Gotta love having 4 days in a row off.  =)

First project that I worked on was getting the remaining flying geese sections for the wedding quilt sewn.  I paper-pieced them so that I could make sure all were the same size.  I now have between 230 and 240 of them between both layouts for them (star points and pinwheel blades). 

All of them have been trimmed to size and the paper torn off of them.   I've started sewing the rectangle of background fabric to them and realized I still need to cut a bunch more in order to have enough......so digging thru the stash for different creams has begun as of this morning.  I'm using different "sets" of fabric on the points and the pinwheels to make it easier to make all fabrics in the blocks different.   I don't have as many different fabrics for the background as I do blues, so this helps me to keep from having the same fabric in adjoining blocks.

Next up was making the three remaining hat box blocks I needed to finish this quilt (the diagonal ones from lower left to upper right).   And then putting the top together.  Current size is approx. 48" by 66".  I'm debating about putting a border on it or just calling it good and quilting it as is.   this will most likely be sold, but might donate it.

I also worked on two little mug rugs, but don't have pics of those.

Gratitudes:
1. Three weeks till vacation

2. No argument on need for service calls for the house (electrical and a door problem) by management company, just waiting on calls now to have appts scheduled.





3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Cute quilt!! It is a wee bit small as a lap quilt for me since I like to tuck it under my feet and over my shoulders and all around, so I would vote for a border to make it big enough to make me into a burrito!!! However, it would e a perfect quilt for nap time for my granddaughter (and she loves pink!!). Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Kate Chiconi said...

Love how your hatbox quilt is coming on! Those hatboxes you made are so, so pretty!

Susan said...

Looks great! I know I don't have the patience to do the geese that way, and then tear off the paper. Mine always come out the same size, but you have to get creative with the fabric to have really scrappy. As long as there are that many blocks, though, it would work out. That was a smart way to do the background, and I wouldn't have thought of it. =)