"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Lady Bug Progress

Thanks to getting off work early last night I was able to make more headway last night on getting this top closer to done. 

Binding is now on (using the same fabric that is on the underside of the leaves).    The hanging sleeve is on and sewn down, and the label is sewn on as well.    I also managed to get the second round of leave stitched down.

The final round of leaves is pinned on in the approximate size that they will be trimmed down to.  Tonight I'll do the satin-stitching that will finish off the ends so they don't ravel and then stitch them down to the quilt.    And I plan to find fabrics to use as test materials in order to make a sample lady bug to see how that process goes.


Close up of the center to the right. 

So far I've used almost 800 yards of thread in making the leaves with all the satin stitching that has been done.

To be decided - the best way to attach the lady bugs to the quilt.  There will be three in the center of the leaves, and several others tucked under some of the leaves.

Gratitudes:

1. For warmer weather

2. For not having to deal with the issues that were found in the home inspection of where I'm currently renting.

No comments: