"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Progress on the Lady Bug Challenge Quilt


Made progress on my art quilt for the Stretching Art Challenge today.

Made 12 padded leaves, the top side is a yummy blue-green batik.   I'm using a variegated Sulky 30 wt cotton to satin-stitch around the outside, colors 4120 and 4013.  The underneath threads are by Mettler and Coats.

Bottom fabric is this print.   It is a blue-green with gold metallic weave.















7 of the leaves have been pinned into place and are ready for the centers to be stitched down.   the upper halves of the leaves will be only tacked down at the tip so that they have a little bit of a curl to them.  Once these are stitched in the center, then i'll stop and put the binding on so that I can get it done before it gets too heavy.

One more round of leaves to be made and then 5-7 lady bugs to be made and stuffed before being sewn to the quilt.

And here is the photo that I'm working from. 

Gratitudes:
1. Good friends who speak truth to me

2. For encouragement from those who know me best.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very fun project.

Bev said...

That project is wonderful. I can't wait to see it done done. Good for you on stretching yourself.

Bev in NC