"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Mindless sewing

I'm at the point on the multiple projects that I've got in process or need to get in the process that I need to be able to think while I'm working on them.  As a result I needed a project that didn't need a lot of concentrated thought to work on in the mornings before work. 

So this morning I started sewing together some batik strings that I'd sorted out of the two batik scrap bags yesterday while pulling scraps for a friend.  I'm using teals, turquoises, purples, lilac, and similar colors for this piece.   The colors in the picture don't show any where as bright as they really are in real life.

A large scrap piece for the backing and a scrap piece of batting finish up what I'm using for this piece.   This will be the main body of a new cross-body purse that I plan to put up for sale.   I do plan on adding a couple of pockets to this one.   One inside, and I'm thinking a zippered one for the outside of it.  I'll be digging through my button stash to find something special for this one.   And might think of adding some sort of trim as well  to it.

 I've also got a pile of strings in browns, golds, oranges, and yellows that I'm planning on doing the same thing with.

Gratitudes:
1. Dinner tonite with a friend from Austin

2. Even though a cold front is coming tonite through the first part of  next week, it will be nothing like what parts of the country is having to deal with.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be super wonderful for that bag. Much better than anything I would have done with it. =) Thanks for sorting!