"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Ladybugs Are Flocking


I made lots of progress this weekend on the art quilt.

All leaves are now made and attached to the quilt.  The last two rounds of leaves are only stitched down at the base and part ways up the sides in order to give a 3D feeling to the quilt.



















And I figured out how to make the ladybugs.  I've now actually made 4 of them, with the final one for the center not shown here.  At the moment I've just got them pinned to the quilt, because I'm still trying to figure out how I want to attach them to the quilt.   One friend suggested that I could make them pins and put a brooch pin on the back of them so that they were pinned to the quilt.  And at the moment I'm leaning towards that, but haven't fully decided.

I need to make at least one more bug, and maybe three,  because I want an odd number of them in the quilt.  Fabrics for the bugs was pulled from my scraps.  the black is sewn to the red before the ovals are cut out. 
Spots on the bugs are painted on with acrylic paint using a q-tip for a paint brush.


Gratitudes:
1. Mortgage pre-approval has come through (and for more than I'm planning on spending)

2. That even when I'm not seeing a lot of choices in housing possibilities (like well under 10!), God has this in his control and will supply what I need for housing in this forced move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10 is good. You only need one. =) The quilt is going to be so amazing!