"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Morning project

My before work sewing this at this point is working on the next purse that I'm making to sell.  I'm currently in the process of quilting the fabric piece for the outside of what will be another cross-body purse.


The outer 'fabric' is pieced from silk strings that I had left over after cutting silk drapery samples up for swatch sets years ago.   The strings range in size from 1" to about 1.5" after stitching.

I'm using this oriental print for the lining of the purse body.   And am quilting it from the back so that I can follow the pattern and give extra dimension to the front.   Two more rows to quilt on it and the quilting will be finished on the outer body.

I'm also working on a pocket for the inside of the purse.  I still need to pull lining fabric for it and then do some minor quilting on it to hold the layers together. 

The binding around the edges at the top of the purse and flap, and the strap will be from a linen/rayon upholstery fabric that has a metallic gold print on it. 

I have more silk scraps and swatches that I'm planning to use to piece more purses with.   And because I'm really liking how the quilting is turning out on this one, I'm planning to go through my stash to look for lining fabrics that I can use in a similar manner to this.   And will have to think about it as well for even quilting regular quilts.....and yes I know I wouldn't be the first to do so, but this is the first that I've done it!

Gratitudes:
1. For money in savings when payday will come some day but is running a week+ late and bills are due.

2. For staying relatively healthy in this warm-cold-warm-cold North TX weather.

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Late paydays are scary!! Savings are essential to my mental/emotional health! Hope you get a paycheck soon!

Susan said...

Always good to add to your bag of tricks! I really like how this one is turning out. I think you should keep this one for yourself, and sell other ones. =)