"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Scrap Happy Fifteenth

It's not like I don't have enough scraps of my own, but I also can't resist buying them especially when there are enough of them to do something with them.

Since last month these blocks have been finished, and i'm trying to remember what I had planned for the remaining blocks needed for the quilt.   They are drawn out on the papers I'm using for piecing but for the life of me I don't remember the layout....lol.   Gonna have to do some sketching so I can remember.   Hoping to have these into a quilt top by next month.

Next up are these flannel scraps.  My local quilt store had a big handful of green and red flannel scraps.   I cut 5" squares first of the greens and then pieced more 5" blocks to use up all of the scraps possible.    And they coordinate wonderfully with this 1 yd piece of flannel that was in the stash.   By next month these should be into a quilt top.

And finally I also found all of these pieces in the same scrap barrel.   the are from charm squares and from the variety of prints, I suspect at least a couple of different fabric lines.   I'm planning on sewing them to a solid or tone-on-tone of some sort and then trimming to either 4.5" or 5" blocks. 

I'm not sure what color tho would work best with them, maybe a brown?  Any ideas of color?

Gratitudes:
1. the replacement fridge that I had to buy unexpectedly was delivered the same day that I bought it.

2. Payday came early this week!

5 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

I think those final scraps are so varied you need something strong to pull them together into a coherent whole. Navy, perhaps? Well done on taking on not only your own scraps, but also someone else's!

Magpie Sue said...

Good for you, using up other people's scraps! It will be fun to see how you end up using your mystery blocks. ;-)

llswink said...

So many lovely colors there. You are truly dedicated to take on this mission to make order of them all!

Susan said...

I like all three sets. Good luck with that memory! For the bottom set, something brighter than brown - maybe a really soft yellow, a light gray, or even white. Time for some auditioning! Brown would make it dull, I think. I know whatever you do, even brown, will wind up looking great!

Debra Dixon said...

I'd trim the rectangular scraps into straight rectangles, sew them end to end and add a wide border around the whole composition. Treat them finished or as a medallion and add some more borders. Really emphasis the scrappiness.