"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 23, 2018

Scraps....Scraps......and More Scraps

One of the things that has to be dealt with as I start to get ready to move (if not for this house possibility, then definitely by the end of July), is all of the scraps that have not been "filed" in their appropriate ziploc bag. 

The two bins that I've been tossing scraps look like this - stacked well above the top edge of each basket.   Can you tell I haven't put them away in awhile?

I "file" my scraps by color in large ziploc bags  I use 1 and 2 gallons sizes the most.  This is part 1 of the scraps after sorting.  The blues alone will fill a 2 gallon bag by themselves.   I think that will make the third bag of blues that I've got right now.   Time for another scrap quilt in blues!


This pic show the solids, partial orphan blocks, some WOW's, scrap bindings, and a pile of strings from one line of fabric that I have plans for.

There is a big pile of multi-color scraps in the middle picture that I need to sort through and see if they are ones that I might use.   And if not then they will go into the box I'm filling to be sent to a gal on the Sunshine list who uses a lot of scraps.   I wonder if I'll be able to close the big totes my scraps are in after I take these all up or if I'll have to start another one........

Gratitudes:

1. House inspection was good for the most part with only one really major thing that needs to be fixed.

2. Mortgage paperwork is underway.

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Scraps seem to multiply so quickly! I need to start a scrap quilt again...but I'll have to pick a pattern first. So glad the inspection came back with only one "fix"...the house my daughter just got had an inspection report of over 40 pages!! Praying all will go well with your house purchase.

Anonymous said...

Great system. Right now, I just have a pile it system. =) One of these days, I'll take the time to sort the pile again. Yes, blue scraps! =)