"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Wedding Quilt

Spent this past weekend in Indiana visiting cousins that I had never met in person and attending the wedding of my sweet niece and her new husband.  Had a great time with the cousins at dinner and a movie ("I Can Only Imagine") and then the next day for brunch on the farm their parents have. 









Next up was breakfast with this special adopted niece who is expecting her first child.   Baby quilt coming up.....




















Finally have a pic of the entire wedding quilt and the recipients.   Quilt finished at 85" square and fits on a queen-sized bed.  There are approximately 230 different fabrics in the finished quilt.
The wedding was followed by lots of time spent with one of my best friends Pam (mom to Claudia) and the rest of the family and church on Easter Sunday.  Had a wonderful time through out the weekend not withstanding the snow on Sunday night that I had to scrape off the rental car at 6 am Monday morning!

Next up - it'll be back to the passport wallets that have been ordered, and several others that I've got fabric for so that I can start getting some made up for sale.  Also need to get quilts already finished up listed for sale...........oh and still need to find a house....lol.

Gratitudes:
1. Travel was relatively without problems (never mind the fact that my back did not like riding in the rental car!)

2. No snow out here in TX!

6 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

It's bluetiful, Moira!

Farm Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and what a wonderful way to spend the Easter holiday! So glad you had a relatively good trip weather-wise.

Paige said...

What a special quilt! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Those are good pictures of you. Your hair is getting long again! I love seeing the whole quilt, it's a beauty. It sounds like, car notwithstanding, you had a wonderful time, and maybe it helped to bring some positive into this whole house-hunting thing. Best of luck on that this month, too. I stand ready to assist with many useless opinions. LOL

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a gorgeous quilt!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Suze said...

The wedding quilt is beautiful. I went with a group of widows to see "I Can Only Imagine." It was a terrific movie. It sure brought to light that God is still in the miracle business every day. I loved how God brought the dad to Christ by his listening to his own son on the radio even though the son wanted nothing to do with his father at that time. God is good.