"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

More Stretching Art Designs for this year

My first idea for this year Stretching Art Quilt Challenge was something based on Fibonacci's Sequence.  A Fibonacci Sequence is defined as

"a series of numbers in which each number ( Fibonacci number ) is the sum of the two preceding numbers. "

And being an engineering grad and ex-engineering teacher I thought that this would be fun to play with in a quilt for the challenge.  I've two layouts sketched out and both of which already have told me how they'd like to be quilted (Note - this is not a normal state of affairs for my quilt designs...lol).


1st Layout with only a sequence of 6 which is a total of 20 if you add all of them up.

2nd Layout with the sequence repeated/flipped on both ends which has two groups of 20 in it.


I like both layouts and both would fit the theme of this years challenge.   I'll definitely be making a version of the second layout.

Now the question becomes - do I make one for the challenge and not continue on with the Fractals one in process....or just do both, or is that all three...lol.


Gratitudes:

1.  The heavy thunderstorm that woke me last night was gone by the time I left for work.

2.  Fort he peace that comes from knowing that I don't have to fight to be in control of everything because I have a advocate who is and always will be.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I, too, like them both, but I like the balance on the second one, and think it would do better in the challenge. And do you have quilting plans going around in your head, too?

Farm Quilter said...

You will do all three!!! This is the snail pattern I wish I had last year: http://diytuco.blogspot.com/2013/03/textile-toy-snail-style-tilda-types-of_8785.html