"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, November 23, 2018

Stepping Out of the Comfort Zone

Last week a good friend sent me a link to a blog posting by Island Batik fabric that talks about the applications for their Island Batik Ambassador program and the application for the 2019 program.   If you're interested you can read about the program at this link.

After reading the post and all the info wanted for the application, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and submit an application. 

There were several reasons for this  -

-- I love a good challenge, and there aren't many of them that I turn down.
-- This seems to have the potential to build my pattern sales and design potential, along with possible publication potential
-- BATIKS.....what more needs to be said about my favorite fabrics that I have a bad habit of hoarding instead of using

One block was to be pieced and sent to Island Batik along with the application that was submitted electronically. 

This is the block that I designed and made.   Made from all batik fabrics from my stash. 

The three lighter blue shades were from scraps, the darkest blue from a FQ, and the background was the better part of 2 fat-eighth's.   No idea though what manufacturer since they are all from stash and I've had them a while.

Gratitudes:

1. For the day of friendship and fellowship with friends yesterday over Thanksgiving dinner.

2. For God's hand of protection with my platelets having taken a nose-dive.

4 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Beautiful block!! I hope you are chosen as an ambassador! I follow several ladies who are and they seem to have such a great time with it. If you wouldn't mind, check out http://sewnwildoaks.blogspot.com/2018/11/stitch-paradise-back-together.html - she's raffling off a quilt she made with all proceeds going to the people of Paradise, where she was raised. If you agree with it, could you post about it? If not, just delete this comment, I'll understand!!

Susan said...

Now I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you! That block simply glows! You can always make money publishing that one, I think.

e said...

You have my vote, wishing you the best. But I think you've got this!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Good luck, your block is beautiful!