"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Scrap Happy November

I've been playing in my scraps this month - mostly to straighten and contain them as they had multiplied drastically over the last several months.  More work tho needs to be done on that.

In all that work I did find time to use a few of them in this snack mat.   And in making it also finished off another UFO piece of cross-stitch as well.   21 different fabrics were used in this not counting the aida in the cross-stitch.

 Close-up of the pebble quilting.  Not perfect, but not bad for my first time doing it.

And the backing, also from the scrap stash.

To see what the other ladies have done this month click on the links below:


Gratitudes:

1. For the variety of fabrics that I have to work with in my stash

2. For a job to go to, even when not paid............

5 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Cute! That's a really pretty selection of light blues.

Claire said...

this is really lovely!

Farm Quilter said...

You did a good job on the pebbles! I could never do them on a DSM, but have learned to rock them on my longarm. I work on the pebbles touching the pebbles next to them on all sides, that way if I have to go over a pebble twice (or almost) to come out where I want, it isn't obvious by the thicker line of stitching - they all have "thicker" stitch lines! Going slower is also something that helped me...sometimes I want to run my Innova at 3,000 SPM and that doesn't work with pebbles!! Great way to use scraps, practice new quilting motifs AND end up with a darling snack mat!!! Home run in my book!!

tialys said...

Ooh, I'm very impressed with the pebble quilting, it looks great.

Magpie Sue said...

Hey, good job!