"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 3, 2018

November F2F wrap-up

My November blocks for Robin went in the mail on Friday.

Her colors were were these -

Cobalt blue, the pink of the flower, and the orange of the clementine tangerine, with a wee bit of white if needed.  The pink of the flower was the one hard to find in my stash this month.



















And the blocks that I made for Robin.  I ended up sending the top two, and the bottom right one.   All blocks are pp'd from my designs except the top left.

Bottom left block ended up staying here because I realized after finishing the block that I had two pieces of the WOW background fabric wrong side up.   So it will go off to the orphan block tote.


These next two photos show the color inspirations for the blocks for December.  I bought fabrics for my blocks on Saturday at my favorite quilt store all from the FQ's they had on sale for $2 each (normally $3.50!).   And of course a goodly number of scrap bags had to follow me home as well......two of them filled with enough light yellow batik scraps to do the background of a full quilt.   Now to find something to go iwth them....maybe a floral.


Gratitudes:
1. Platelets were up a wee bit, so I don't have to go on meds at the present.  Hoping that trend continues.

2. Was able to get my AirBnb booking completed.    Will even have room to sew at where I've booked in my down time....woohoo....



3 comments:

Susan said...

Robin's blocks are great. I especially like the bottom right block - it reminds me of something from my childhood, but I can't think what. Great shopping round up!

Farm Quilter said...

Your blocks are all amazing!! I have frequently intentionally used the back side of fabrics just to get the right color!! I can't tell from the picture. However, that is one lovely reason to use batiks...the back and front are really hard to tell apart and they work so very well with paper piecing!!

K Reeves said...

Those are beautiful blocks, Moira! It sounds like Robin is thrilled with what she has received this year.