"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Scrap Happy December - Batik Strings

I've started working through stuff here with a view to downsizing at least some of the things in my craft room and fabric room.   My scraps are one of the things that need to be downsized because they no longer fit into the two large totes that I've kept them in for years.  And especially bad is the fact that I still have scraps that need to be put in there!

So I pulled out the batik scraps and strings (2 - one gallon ziploc bags....) to sort through them and weed out...........  This is what I ended up with as strings.  Once the strings and little bits were out I sorted into color families and started making string blocks.















Oranges have now been used and i'm starting on the reds.....


Check out what the others have been doing at these links -

KateGun, TittiHeléneEvaSue, Nanette, Lynn, Lynda, Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy, Debbierose, Tracy, Jill, Claire, JanKaren, Moira (me) , SandraLindaChrisNancy, Alys, Kerry, Claire, Jean, Johanna,
Joanne, Jon, HayleyDawn, Gwen and Connie


Gratitudes

1. Vacation starts one wk from today.........woohoo......

2. For meds, including cough syrup, to hopefully totally rout this round of bronchitis.  =)

7 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

LOVE those brilliant orange scrappy blocks. What a joyful colour :-)

ShirleyC said...

Those are looking good!

chrisknits said...

Oh those blocks glow!! I just love orange.

Farm Quilter said...

Love your string blocks and I certainly hope you get well by Monday!!! Praying for you!!

Susan said...

Perfectly wonderful blocks! This will be really pretty as a finish.

Suze said...

I'm sorry that you are struggling with bronchitis. I know that it is miserable. I used to have it often and now that I have my asthma under control and had my tonsils out as an adult, I no longer have that struggle. God's healing mercies for you.

I am not particularly a fan of orange (except for Oklahoma State - my daughter is an alum and I was working on a degree there until I became too ill). I have a friend whose favorite color is orange so if I decide to make something for her, I plan to put some orange it just for her. So, it wil be off to purchase some orange fabric just for Vickie.

I'm thrilled that you will be taking some much deserved time from work. That should help to restore the soul, especially at this time of the year.

Susan

Anonymous said...

You can definitely see your expertise within the work you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you
who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always go after
your heart.