"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

London Tea Towel Under the Needle

And the next project that i'm working on during my vacation is to quilt this longtime UFO.

This quilt started with a challenge to use a tea towel in a quilt.  I found one with various landmarks from around London and then filled in with other London themed blocks.  A couple of the focus prints came from an online reader of my block who lives in London.

The print fabrics were bought when I was in London back in 1997.   they are by Rose & Hubble and were bought at Mark's and Spencer dept store. Blocks have been pieced and machine appliqued.  Lots of buttons have also been used in the blocks.  There are several custom designed blocks in the quilt.

All of the blocks bring back memories of something (or someone) that I was fortunate enough to see during my trip there. I'm stitching in the ditch on this one.   Am thinking I may use a scrappy binding made from some of the fabric leftovers from the prints.

Gratitudes:

1. Lunch or other meetings with various friends this week.

2. For the beautiful weather here in the southwest while I've been out here.   Hope for the same clear weather when I head back home.

2 comments:

Susan said...

The bus might be my favorite block. I always think if I ever go there I'm riding one of those buses! Your quilt looks great, is it almost finished?

Farm Quilter said...

What a cool quilt! I have a wall hanging I have been hand quilting from fabrics I bought when on a trip to Australia with my middle daughter back in 2008...I need to find that quilt when I go home, tear out the hand quilting and load it on my longarm to get it finished!! Thanks for reminding me of that quilt!!