"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Oct 10 Update

A mixed bag this week - some sewing and some sorting & cleaning happened this week.

First up was finishing this UFO.  Center part is cross-stitched and then sewn onto a fabric 'quilt'.


















Scraps were used for the backing and binding.



 Teddy bear #7 has been completed.   I'm thinking of using the collar on the bear.  Have been told tho that if I do, then he needs a bowtie to complete the look.   Hmmm, gotta think about that.


 My last creation for the week was this wool ornament.  Still need to add a ribbon hanger, but I think it turned out well.
Also started this week was updating the UFO pages of my quilt tracking spreadsheet, something I try to do once a year for the sheets in it that I don't use frequently.   And that let to me going through some totes to figure out if what was on my spreadsheet was still in my stash or now....and if I was missing things that I need to list on it.   The two pages I've been concentrating on are the Quilt UFO's and the Cross-stitch UFO's.   

In going through one of the totes I found some interesting things - An embroidered eagle block, and a blank embroidered quilt label.  The latter was given to me at some point but I haven't a clue who now.
Then I found two personlized, embroidered quilt labels, that had been made to go with specific sets of swap blocks.    Ummmm, guess who isn't sure of which sets those might be...oops...guess I need to look at the UFO blocks and see if I can figure that out.  It I can't then I need to figure out what to do with these labels....lol

 One of the totes I went thru was the one with various panels and other things in it.   While going thru it I weeded out ones that I figured I was never going to use.   These have been flung to someone who will use them to make Sunshine quilts with.  Two of the panels have coordinates with them.
 And these blocks were pulled out to make quilt for Sunshine.

More was pulled out, but I'll write about that in another post.


Gratitudes:

1. For the warm temps of the weekend in the face of the frigid temps that are coming tomorrow.

2. For my knees and joints feeling better now that the storm is closer to here.

No comments: