"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Scrap Happy November

Unexpectedly I was invited to have a booth at a Christmas Craft and Small Business Bazaar in a small town near where I live on Saturday this week.   So all week I've been pulling things together to take with me to sell.   Thankful that I've got a lot of things that are already made, but wanted a few more things to sell.

I ended up pulling out a gallon sized bag of UFO Hst blocks that were left over from the wedding quilt I made for my niece 18 months ago.  I'd sewn the blocks months ago just had never trimmed to size or pressed them.  Pulled out ones that would make 2.5" trimmed blocks and ended up making two more Christmas stockings for the show.   Backing and lining were from remnants in the stash.

I still have more of these scrappy blue HST's to use up, and I've an idea for another layout for stockings so more will be coming.

Gratitudes:

1. For friends who let me borrow baskets and a table so I can set up what is needed at the craft show on Saturday.

2. For being being able to find most anything in my stash that I need for my projects.

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

Pretty awesome! I have extra HSTs scattered amongst my stash and have been meaning to collect them all into one place. Just see what I could do with them I’d I did! Well done. Good luck at the show/sale!

Kate Chiconi said...

Well there, that's one in the eye for all the people who think they're 'just' scraps. I really hope your sale results are a huge success and that it will generate other opportunities for you – you deserve it.

Magpie Sue said...

Oh, good for you! I hope the sales are brisk on Saturday. :-)