"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

"Raw Materials"


I've really enjoyed working with the men's shirts as I've been making the memory bears.  And I've had a lot of positive response from the pictures of them.  And actually I had someone want to buy this bear....but it is one of the 12 memory bears that I've been making for a commission. 

The friend who really liked it, wants to order a bear from me.  Not having anything else like it (shirt or the fabric stash), it was off to Goodwill for me to see what I could find.






First stop was at the small Goodwill store in the small where I live.  As it happened the day I went in they had green tagged items on sale for $1, and another color was half-price. Of the top 5 that I bought on Saturday (the bottom 3 I'd had for a while), three of them were only $1. 

One men's shirt, and three 2XL/3XL women's scrub tops that were in like new condition and 100% cotton fabrics.   I'm hoping to make a dog from the middle scrub top because it is a cute dog print fabric. 
Loved the top one in this stack.   It's a patchwork seersucker that should work up to be a cute bear.   Almost makes me want to use some of my precut squares (or cut some!) to make some of the critters.

I'm a little worried about the navy/cream print not working with the black buttons for eyes.  That might end up as a pillow instead.

Pinks/reds fit for a girl bear.  The bottom one is a light pink/white gingham looking shirt.


















These are the shirts that I could find between the three different Goodwill stores that I went to that are close to the one memory bear.   Will take them to church to let my friend pick which one she likes the best.

Gratitudes:

1. For good prices on the "raw materials" that I was able to get on these shirts.

2. For the one bear already 'sold' that will pay for most if not all of these.

No comments: