"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, November 4, 2019

UFOs of the Cross-Stitch Variety

I counted up my UFO's this past weekend and all I can say is Yikes!  LOL    I knew I had a lot, but until you see the numbers they can sort of be ignored.   Among those UFO's are a lot of cross-stitch pieces or embroidery pieces that I've completed the stitching on but then never did anything with after that.   Also in the number are oodles of kits that are either actual kits that I've collected or put together out of my stash for kits.

To start whittling down the number, I've pulled four of them to work on and complete.

 First up was this abstract piece of cross stitch.   It is on the way to becoming either a pin cushion or a needle book.  It is approximately 3.5" tall by 7.5" wide. 

It was stitched with scraps of floss that were from various completed kits on a scrap of 14 count aida cloth.
 Back of the piece made by piecing  a red scrap of fabric together to get it big enough.
 Next up was this piece.   Also made from leftover aida cloth and scraps of floss that were from various completed kits on 14 ct aida cloth.

The plan is to finish it up so that it may be used as a pin holder/earring holder. 

At the moment I'm still trying to decide how best to finish the edges on it..

These were two kits that I had bought last Christmas that are now finished and ready to be used as gifts.

 This is a mini wall-hanging that I did the stitching on yrs ago and is currently in process of being finished.   It will be used as a gift when finished.



Gratitudes:

1. For my "401UFO" that means I have lots of projects to work on and pull when I have time.

2. For still having a job at the present time




5 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Praying for God's guidance for your job situation. UFOs mean we will have stuff to work on that feeds our creative needs pretty much for the rest of our lives!!

Susan said...

I know each of these will become something beautiful, because they already are! Even our UFOs serve a purpose in our lives. =)

Vicki C said...

Moira, all your cross stitch projects are great. The abstract one is super. It feels wonderful to get some of our started projects to the next level and closer to being finished. I am praying that your job situation sees a good outcome soon.

cityquilter grace said...

got UFOs? sounds like you have more than me but then you are much younger...LOL...glad you have stuff to keep you busy...i am whittling down mine as well..good feeling to cross 'em off that list!

e said...

What a great way to use up floss!!! More gifts or possible items for the shop. UFOs are our back up plan when we need to be creative but dont have or dont want to go out and purchase new.