"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Unexpected Blessings

In this case, comes from the church friend who has been displaying my quilted postcards for sale in her hair salon.   She was in the salon yesterday when the director of the economic development council of one of the small towns near where I live was in to get her hair done.   The director saw my cards and ended up buying 4 of them.  While at the same time telling my friend that she wanted to get me to be at the town sponsored bazaar this coming Saturday.      A second blessing is that my sweet friend has volunteered to help me Saturday at the bazaar.....

Ultimate result is that I decided to do it and am now in the process of pulling stuff together.   Am very thankful that I've been in the habit of making lots of goodies ahead of when I might actually need them or put them up for sale, so I have a lot of things that I'll be able to take with me.

Some of the types of things I'm taking include -

Quilted Christmas Stockings

Passport wallets

Tote bags

Quilted postcards

Bowl Cozies (these are in process now)

Quilted goodies like table-toppers, wall-hangings, table-runners, and perhaps a small quilt or two

A cross-stitch rooster picture

 Will have to see what else I can find in the stash of completed items.   Now is when I'm thankful that I've got a stash of finished items that I can sell, without it there's no way I'd have been able to do this. 

Gratitudes:
1. For the reasonable price of the booth and table at the bazaar

2. For friends who keep their ears open for things that could help me sell things and/or get new commissions.

.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How awesome to have this opportunity come your way. The fact that you are prepared with finished makes it even better. I need to be that together. lol

Susan said...

That is such a wonderful blessing. I hope you have a terrific day, and both the fair and your booth are crammed with people buying things.

Susan R. said...

If you did not sell the navity quilt I would be interested in it.

sarizz104@optonline.net

Farm Quilter said...

I hope you sell everything in your booth tomorrow!!! You were prepared for this blessing...so smart of you!!!