A lot of progress made on getting the blocks for the commissioned heart quilt done.
Yesterday I was able to get all of these scrappy strip sets prepped with the wonder-under ironed on.
The first thing I did today was to trace out all of the hearts that I could onto the paper backing for each prepped piece of 'found' fabric.
Then came cutting all of the hearts out. I ended up with a total of 53 hearts in sizes from 2 inches tall to about 7-8 inches tall.
This was what was leftover from cutting the hearts and all of it went into the trash.
And here are the 24 blocks that I was able to get finished up today. I used 40 of the 53 hearts that I started with.
Now I need to decide if I need to make more "found" fabric with scrap strips for the remaining 18 blocks that I need to make for this quilt, or to just use larger pieces of fabric to make the remaining hearts. 17 of the hearts will be red, and 1 will be blue.
1. Friends and family who always encourage me to be the best that I can be.
2. For family and friends who are no longer here, esp. my much-loved brother.